Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Alexandria Sekella Reacts to Matt McCann's Drug Overdose: "It Was Bound to Happen"

This week's episode of Teen Mom 3 ended on a hugely dramatic note. Alexandria Sekella received an upsetting phone call from Matt McCann's friend, who informed her that Matt was rushed to hospital after an apparent drug overdose. Alex's reaction was somewhat surprising. She calmly processed the information and maintained her composure instead of breaking down crying. So, how does Alex explain her unusual response to the news?

"I was a lot more calm about it, and kind of like, 'This is what happens … this was bound to happen at some point in time, and there's nothing I can do about it,'" she told Maci Bookout during the Teen Mom 3 after show. "I just took it one step at a time, and was mentally preparing for what type of news to get."

Sadly, Matt could have avoided this overdose had he accepted residence at a sober living house. As you might expect, Alex was less than impressed by Matt's decision to ditch the opportunity. "What an idiot," she said. "That was his chance of redemption and getting his life together, and he threw it out the window."

Despite the fact that Alex was worried about Matt after he left her mother's house and ventured out on his own, she knew she had to take care of her family and let Matt make his own mistakes. "I was a little bit nervous about what he was getting himself into, but in the back of my mind I kept thinking, 'I'm a mom and I have to make Arabella my priority,'" she explained. "He's a big boy, and he can fix his own problems."

No comments:

Post a Comment